NEW BEGINNINGS BAPTIST CHURCH
General Association of Six Principle Baptist
The New Beginnings Baptist Church offers weekly opportunities for worship, Bible study, fellowship and prayer with a global perspective. From around the world the congregation meets in asynchronous worship / study patterns. Prayer concerns are posted daily in the prayer chapel and continuous electronic communication provides a 24-hour fellowship opportunity 365 days per year.
The following information may prove helpful as you consider your place within this global Christian community:
OUR GOAL: To produce mature individuals in Christ who know what they believe, why they believe it, and are able to share that belief effectively with others.
The outworking of this goal is expressed in two important activities:
1. Evangelism: sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in an intelligent, reasonable way thus giving opportunity for individuals to consider the claims of Christ and the place that He should have in their lives.
2. Edification: this means "building up" or maturing or perfecting. Once an individual has responded positively to the good news of salvation in Christ that individual has responsibility to begin and continue the spiritual growth process.
The Biblical guidance for the above is expressed in the following scriptural directives:
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16 ESV).
And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life (I John 5:11-12 ESV).
Following salvation the Scripture presents this testimony in regard to the earliest believers: And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers (Acts 2:42 ESV).
The Apostle Paul presents God's plan for the church in this way: And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way unto Him who is the head, into Christ, from who the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love (Ephesians 4:11-16 ESV).
Note the elements of God's plan:
1. Persons: certain persons have been given to the church by Christ. These are identified as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers.
2. Process: these persons are to be involved in the process of maturing, equipping the saints to do the work of ministry.
3. Product: as the saints are equipped and actually do the work of the ministry the body of Christ is built up or made strong. This brings unity of faith and knowledge, maturity in spiritual growth, and Christ-likeness of character. Thus followers of Christ are no longer like children. They will not be tossed about by the many "winds of doctrine." They will know what they believe, why they believe it, and will be able to share it with others.
4. Procedure: we are to speak "the truth in love." The message of the church is truth and the method of sharing this truth is love. We never back away from God's truth even when that truth may not be culturally popular. We share that truth in love.
5. Planned Productivity: with the above process the body builds itself up in love by the working of every part of the body.
We invite you to join with us as we seek to become more of what God would have us to be as His people. We are truly to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Use the links at the side to enter the sermon section, Bible study section, or prayer section. In addition please feel free to contact the minister by email at email@example.com
As a Six Principle Baptist ministry we adhere to the basic principles of Christ as reflected in Hebrews 6:1-2. These are:
4. Laying on of hands
"And this we will do if God permits" (Hebrews 6:3).
INDIANA ASSOCIATION OF SIX PRINCIPLE BAPTISTS
The Indiana Association of Six Principle Baptists invites you to worship weekly with the New Beginnings Baptist Church. In Jesus Christ your past is forgiven and your future is bright with the promises of God. Truly the Lord Jesus offers to all believers a new beginning. The Apostle Paul wrote that he was "forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead;" he was pressing "on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14 ESV).
We have this hope
as an anchor for the
soul, firm and secure."
Dr. Ray L. Parker, Minister
B.A., Bryan College, Dayton, Tennessee;
M.R.E., Temple Baptist Theological Seminary, Chattanooga, Tennessee;
D.Min., Trinity Theological Seminary, Newburgh, Indiana;
Ed.D., Luther Rice Seminary, Lithonia, Georgia;
Ph.D., Union Institute and University, Cincinnati, Ohio.